Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

Dear Mom,

Happy Birthday Mom!  I thought we were going to make it to 104, but I guess you changed your mind.  These last two months have been interesting to say the least.  So instead of lamenting that you're not here today, I've decided to share with you what I have learned since you bid adieu. 

First and foremost, I have learned that I do not want Dad to remarry, and if I have one more person approach me about it, I don't know what I will do.  (I think bringing that up when you are barely cold in the ground is highly insensitive.)  Let's look at this logistically.  I'm just happy that Dad has finally decided to make the biscuits prior to cooking eggs instead of the opposite.....can you imagine Dad training the new wife?!?  How in the world is he going to train the new wife to all of the Statum idiosyncrasies?  I'm just curious.  Thoughts?  His happiness be damned.  I just don't see it working.  Besides, I can't imagine anyone else making Dad look so good!

OH!  You think you're clever with everything you left around the house.  You know what I'm talking about......I'm not laughing. Okay, I will admit I had a tiny chuckle because you're not here and I have found the irony in finding everything that I have found thus far, and I did share with my sister.  Our thoughts to the discovery is "good luck with that Mom."

I take back all the times I laughed at you when you argued with the dog while we were on the phone.  I find myself arguing with the dog on a daily if not hourly basis.  I know that you are smiling your "I told you so" smile right about now. 

While I'm in the acknowledging mood, I will just tell you that you were right.....about everything......yes that, and that, and even that.......the jury is still out on that one.

I love you forever and always!  Happy Birthday Mom!!


Love Always,

Robs 

P.S. - I hope you like your flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment